The Vision Quest is one of the most powerful and enduring experiences which is available to us in our contemporary society. It is a profound opportunity to step outside of all the routines of everyday life and perceive one’s self and one’s life through a new set of lenses informed by the land upon which we live.
Drawing upon the ritual and traditions of indigenous cultures from around the world, and framed by the spiritual landscape of Australia, the Spirit of the Earth Medicine Society [SOTEMS] takes each participant into the wilderness to encounter the opening of a personal, spiritual pathway, a cleansing and renewal so that each may return regenerated.
There are few opportunities like this within our contemporary society wherein we can step out of everyday life and submit ourselves to a process which clears our horizons. It is a peerless experience.
The Vision Quest involves:
- A meditation in nature, alone, within a dreaming wheel
- It occurs in a place which speaks to you and you alone
- It spans five days and five nights
- It requires the discipline of fasting and diminished sleep
- It involves facing the east each morning as the sun crosses the horizon so that Spirit may speak and renew you
- You are given songs and meditations which enrich and focus your vigil and search
- It begins and ends with the traditional purification of the sweat lodge ceremony
- There is the opportunity to share your story and to have your personal needs for integration of the experience met
- It is overall, a ceremony of transition and renewal
- For one week before the quest proper begins, you will be required to do daily meditations. Once you are registered for the quest, the details of these practices will be supplied to you
The Vision Quest will be facilitated by initiated shamans within the Spirit of the Earth Medicine Society (SOTEMS) traditions. Throughout and beyond the vigil, you are supported by highly trained personnel from SOTEMS. Being a wilderness area we use satellite phones for emergency communication and the safety of our participants which is paramount.
Registration and cost for 5 day Vision Quest
The cost for the ceremony will be $1250 for the entire period. There is a 15% discount for early bird registration and deposit before the end of January 2021. Registration deposit is $250 and the balance can be paid in a maximum of 5 installments.
For specific information, please contact SOTEMS on email email@example.com or phone Guy on 0407-495-076 or Maria-Elena on 0414-605-371.
To register your interest for the SOTEMS Vision Quest, please download the 5 Day Vision Quest Brochure and Registration Details form.